The National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC) advocates for a wide range of housing policy issues. Legislatively, NLIHC is working to influence Congress and the Administration on the following issues:
- Permanently protecting tenants at foreclosure;
- Expanding housing funding in the federal budget and seeking a permanent end to sequestration;
- Achieving housing finance reform that includes funding for the National Housing Trust Fund;
- Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing; and
- Assuring tenants’ interests are reflected in any changes to HUD and RD programs.
Beyond our legislative work, NLIHC is producing high quality research and advocacy publications, all of which are available at reduced or no cost to members. These include:
Be a part of these important efforts and strengthen your advocacy by joining NLIHC. You can join as an organization or as an individual. Please note that dues amounts are suggested. We want everyone to join no matter how little or much you can afford.
Our success is built on the support of advocates like yourself.