NLIHC is currently hiring a Research Assistant and Fall 2010 Interns.
The Research Assistant will work closely with the Research Director and Research Analyst to acquire and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, translate research in an understandable format, and disseminate information in an accessible manner for use by varied audiences.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct literature searches and assemble literature for review and analysis .
- Communicate with NLIHC’s Research Advisory Committee.
- Support the Research Director and Research Analyst in the set up and implementation of research sessions at NLIHC’s annual policy conference.
- Research and prepare articles for NLIHC’s weekly newsletter, Memo to Members.
- Assist with proofing and formatting research reports and other work products.
- Assist with the preparation of original reports, position papers, evaluations, surveys and other written documents.
- Ensure that the Research and other relevant sections of the NLIHC website are current and include recent reports and information.
- Attend and report back on research and policy briefings and other external events in Washington, DC.
- Respond to information and referral from members and the public under the Research Director’s or Research Analyst’s direction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants should have a master’s degree (preferred) or a bachelor’s degree with at least two years of related experience. In the application, candidates should highlight any experience they may have with Microsoft Access, SPSS, Geographic Information Systems, or American Community Survey or American Housing Survey data in addition to general research and writing skills.
NLIHC offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. The Research Assistant will report to the Research Director and work at NLIHC offices in downtown Washington, DC.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to Bill Shields, Vice President of Operations, 727 15th Street, N.W., Sixth Floor, Washington, DC 20005, or to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
More information about the Fall 2010 intern positions is available at: http://www.nlihc.org/template/page.cfm?id=37